- 2-hour Vinyasa Flow yoga
- 1 and a half-hour various yoga and asana practices
- Learn yoga philosophy and the art of teaching
- Courses on physiological and energetical basis of yoga
- The opportunity to register with YogaAllianceProffesional as a full member and receive official certification
- Daily vegetarian breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- 22 nights’ accommodation
Upon completion of this yoga teacher training, students will have 14 days to register for full membership in YogaAllianceProfessionals using the special offer (£120/year instead of £155) and receive the internationally recognised certification from YogaAllianceProffesionals that allows them to teach all over the world.
** Registration for full membership in YogaAllianceProffesionals is necessary for the activation of the certification.
This is a Yoga Alliance Professionals Registered 200-hour yoga teacher training program. Students who participate should have 2 years of practical experience in yoga. The total hours offered will be a minimum of 200 hours consisting of atleast 180 contact hours. Worldwide acknowledged senior teacher (SYT) Ourania Bouzouki will teach 70% of the hours. These will include:
- Practice techniques
- Analysis of atleast 80 postures and more advanced postures including arm balances, backbends, and inversions.
- Modifications and advanced variations of all postures.
- How to use yoga props like blocks-bolsters-straps-blanket
s, using walls in your yoga practice, and rope headstands.
- Observation, feedback and guidance on your personal practice by teachers every day immediately after the asana class
- Daily hands-on-adjustments are given to students by expert teachers to deepen your physical practice.
The teachers will always be present in your practice, observing and guiding you through all the necessary corrections, adjustments, variations and improvements. Once a week, there will also be posture clinic lessons to make sure that you practice with the correct technique and alignment. When you graduate from the course, appart from everything else you will have advanced your practice to a much higher level and will be able to apply all the newfound theoretical knowledge, in your own practice.
The themed workshops will cover a wide range of key asanas like handstands, backbends, inversions, and hip openers among many others. Twice per week, the trainees will be given a theme and work on it through more advanced asanas and demanding postures, as well as the way to work towards them and all the preliminary exercises and progressions/regressions.
Teaching practice will include practice on teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, hearing, and giving feedback. It also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching. Furthermore, you will start to teach from the first day.
The building of the yoga lessons will be gradual and smooth facilitating everyone to develop their talents. Teaching will also be progressive starting with one-to-one lessons in the beginning and moving step by step to bigger groups of students ending up in full open classes. Regular feedbacks are given by teachers and fellow students about your teaching so that you can improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher.
- Giving hands on adjustment
- Teaching methodology and technique
- Principles of demonstration
- Observing, assisting, and correcting
- Instruction, teaching styles, and qualities of a teacher
- Voice projection, floor presence
- The student’s process of learning
- Planning and structuring a class
- Alignment and hands-on-adjustment
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Business aspects of teaching yoga
- Pranayama, mudra, bandhas, and Kriya yoga
PRANAYAMA (YOGIC BREATHING)
According to the great yogis, breath equals to energy flow so through these morning classes the trainees will get hands-on experience of how the breath works. Pranayama course will consist of the introduction, its aspects, pranic body, different types of prana, types of breathing, an anatomy of breathing, and yogic breathing. Moreover, various breath technics will be tested such as:
- Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing)
- Sheetali (cooling breath)
- Shitkari (hissing breath)
- Bhramari (humming bee breath)
- Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath)
- Bhastrika (bellows breath)
- Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing breath)
- Suryabheda (vitality stimulating breath) to name some
MUDRA (PSYCHICAL GESTURE)
Discussion in mudra will cover introduction, types, hand mudras, head mudras, postural mudras, lock mudras, lock (bandha) mudras, and perennial mudras.
BANDHAS (ENERGY LOCKS)
Discussion on bandhas will cover introduction, types, throat lock, root lock, abdominal lock, and great lock.
- Kriya (yogic cleansing techniques)
- Philosophy content
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Yoga sutras
- The eight-limb path of yoga according to Patanjali
- Four schools of yoga
- Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, and Kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- The aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, different levels of preparation, meaning of Om, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, and Samadhi yoga
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, physical and mental disturbances caused by an unconcentrated mind, means to overcome obstacles, methods to control the modifications of mind
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
This will include both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). This also includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc.). You will also learn practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular and skeletal structures and in-depth study of anatomical and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Introduction and different body systems
- Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, and major joints of the body
- The foot, knee, pelvic floor, hips, spine, and shoulder
- Breathing and respiratory system
YOGA AS A CAREER
- Business aspect of yoga
- Career as a teacher
- Setting up your own studio, school, or business
- Marketing strategy, advertising, and public relation
- Ethics in yoga business building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios, and retreats