200hr Yoga Teacher Training in Ashtanga Vinyasa flow
(200 hr Yoga Alliance Professionals) – Ioannina Greece
Your Journey of YogaUnion TTC 200hr – Begins in January 2017
YogaUnion has created for a fifth year an intensive 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC). It is an internationally accredited program with Yoga Alliance Professionals based on Ashtanga Vinyasa Flow. The teaching team is consisted of Greek specialists prone to share their knowledge and experience to a group of people willing to participate in a transformative experience.
We have chosen to practice in the peaceful place in Ioannina, a city in the heart of Epirus, Greece.
TTC: January 07-01-2017 until May 28-05-2017 (Apply for this course)
Weekends of the course
- 7-8 January & 21-22 January
- 4-5 February & 25-26 February
- 11-12 March & 25-26 March
- 8-9 April & 29-30 April
- 13-14 May & 27-28 May
The theme of the teacher training is Ashtanga Vinyasa flow. The course is a fusion between the set sequence of the Ashtanga Primary Series as derived from the ancient text Yoga Korunta and the creative flows and sequences of ‘breath synchronized movement’ found in the Vinyasa Flow style of asana practice. Students will be taught the Ashtanga Primary series in order to develop a solid foundation of asana and alignment practice on which to draw from in developing and sequencing a Vinyasa Flow class, where various other asana will also be incorporated. In these styles, asana are practiced in a sequence in a dynamic and flowing style using breath, drishti (gaze) and bandhas (energy locks). By the end of the course students will be able to teach Ashtanga primary series and also create their own Vinyasa Flow sequences.
The course leads you through the proper techniques for practicing various yoga postures and Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga sequences including key alignments, modifications, contraindications and use of basic yoga props as well as hands-on adjustment techniques, teaching methodology and teaching practice.
Principles of sequencing will be taught so that students can create a vinyasa flow sequence according to the need of their students or the class. We place a lot of emphasis on learning Sanskrit names of postures to both expand your knowledge and enhance your professionalism as a teacher. Students will also have the benefit of some exposure to other styles of asana practice including Yin, and restorative yoga in order to develop their experience and knowledge of all yoga
- Introductions and history
- The elements of Ashtanga yoga: Vinyasa (breath-synchronized motion), Ujjayi Pranayama (victorious breathing), bandhas (inner locks), dristis (gaze points)
- Primary series: Sun salutations, standing series, seated series, finishing sequence
- Jumb backs and jump throughs,
- Drop backs
- Students will practice primary series every morning three to five times in a week
- Vinyasa flow, Flow Yoga
- Principles of sequencing and teaching a Vinyasa Flow class
- Practicing Vinyasa flow class three times per week in the afternoons and Saturday mornings
Yin and restorative Yoga
Students will practice at least two to four Yin or restorative yoga classes per week in the afternoons
COURSE CONTENT IN DETAIL
Our Yoga Alliance Registered 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program incorporate training hours in the following educational categories and topics:
- Practice techniques for 80 postures of Ashtanga primary series and a few more advance postures including arm balances
- Modifications, other variations and advance variation of all postures
- How to use yoga props like block, bolster, strap, blanket, wall in your yoga practice and rope headstand
- Observation and feedback on your personal practice by teachers everyday immediately after the asana class
- Posture clinics: Corrections, modifications and variations are suggested one- on- one every day after asana class or in posture clinics on alternate days in accordance with the observation and feedback made by our teachers about your practice or your own individual need.
- Themed workshops on topics such as hip opening, headstand and inversions, back bending, arm balances are conducted on alternate days to help you understand and practice these safely and effectively
- Daily hands-on-adjustments are given to students by expert teachers to deepen your physical practice
- In addition to the main asana teacher we have at least one more full time experienced and dedicated teacher during the regular asana practice who would be making observation about your personal practice and alignment during main asana classes in the morning. The feedback based on these observations will be given to you immediately after the class so that you can take the help of the teacher to correct your alignment or choose the suitable modification on variation.
The teachers will suggest you the necessary correction in your practice as soon as you have time the same day or during the posture clinics. We do this to make sure that you practice with correct techniques and alignment from the day one so that you can improve and deepen your practice every time you hit the mat; so that when you leave the course you have advanced your practice to a much higher level than you came with.
We will conduct themed workshops on headstand, inversions, chaturanga, jump back and jump throughs, hip opening, back bending, arm balances etc. We utilize these workshops to go in depth of a particular topic in a workshop format.
Here we teach you everything on the theme of the day and help you practice them; and deal with your individual practice or technique or obstacles. The discussion here will also include relevant anatomy. These workshops are very interactive and we encourage students to participate actively. These workshops are meant to deepen your knowledge about various themes as a yoga practitioner and teacher.
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
- You will start to teach from day one.
- Students get to teach every alternate day from day one. You will teach at least 12 times during the course
- You teach one on one on from the day one and then larger groups of up to four for 15-30 minutes every alternate days
- You may also teach at least one full open class during the course
- Sometimes you teach in round robin style or blind folded to challenge and enhance your teaching abilities.
- Regular feedback are given by teachers and fellow students about your teaching so that you can improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher
- You will learn to give hands on adjustment
- Teaching methodology and technique
- Principles of demonstration
- Observing, assisting and correcting
- Instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher
- Voice projection, floor presence
- The student’s process of learning
- Planning and structuring a class
- Alignment and hands-on-adjustment
- Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
- Business aspects of teaching yoga.
- Pranayama , mudra, bandhas and kriya
Pranayama (yogic breathing)
Introduction, its aspects, pranic body, different types of prana, types of breathing, anatomy of breathing, Yogic breathing,
Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing), Sheetali (cooling breath), Shitkari (hissing breath), Bhramari (humming bee breath), Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath), Bhastrika (bellows breath), Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing breath), suryabheda (vitality stimulating breath).
Mudra (Psychic gesture):
- Introduction, types, Hand mudras, Head mudras, Postural mudras, Lock mudras, Lock (bandha) mudras, perinial mudras
- Jnana mudra (psychic gesture of knowledge), chin mudra (psychic gesture of consciousness), Shambhavi mudra (eyebrow center of gazing), Nasikagra drishti (nosetip gazing), Khechari mudra (toungue lock), Shanmukhi mudra (closing the seven gates), Vipareet karani (inverted psychic attitude), maha mudra (great psychic attitude)
Bandhas (energy locks):
- Inroduction, types, throat lock, root lock, abdominal lock, great lock
- Kriya; Yogic cleansing techniques
- Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
- Four paths of yoga ( Jnana, Raja, Bhakti, Karma Yoga)
- Hatha yoga, Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
- Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga (Raja Yoga): Yoga sutras, aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, different levels of preparation, five afflictions, meaning of OM, Eight limbs of yoga, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Types of Samadhi, Nirbija and Sabija Samadhi
- Obstacles on the path of yoga, physical and mental disturbances caused by an un-concentrated mind, means to overcome obstacles, methods to control the modifications of mind
- Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
- Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
- Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular and skeletal structures and in depth study of anatomical and skeletal differences i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
- Introduction and different body systems
- Skeletal system, mascular system, connective tissue, nervous system, major joints of the body
- The foot, knee, pelvic floor, hips, spine, shoulder
- Breathing and respiratory system
Business aspect of yoga
- Career as a teacher
- Setting up your own studio, school or business
- Marketing strategy, advertising and PR
- Ethics in yoga businessuilding network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats
TTC WEEKEND SCHEDULE
07:00 – 09:00
Vinyasa Flow practice
09:00 – 10:30
Pranayama and Meditation
Pranayama and Meditation
10:30 – 11:15
11:15 – 13:15
Adjustment – Alignment
13:15 – 14:30
14:30 – 16:30
164:30 – 17:45
Variety of difference practice
Variety of difference practice
Zen Shiatsu & Reflexology
The participants will also have the chance to get a general idea of Zen Shiatsu and Reflexology and get hands on treatments upon request.
Lefkada is really famous for the summer water sports! Windsurfing, water skiing, paragliding, kite and many more are a daily offer in its lush nature and crystal blue waters. Keeping in mind that Sundays are free days in our training program you may have the opportunity to try them out.
Furthermore, renting a car you can take a tour of the island’s numerous beaches or go on a cruise to the nearby smaller islands.
COURSE FEES – PACKAGES
Below you can find the 2 available fee packages:
Option 1 (Early Application)
€ 1.300 (+24% VAT)
For those who apply early (until the end of April), the price will be €1.300 (+VAT).
Includes tuition fee – manual – YogaUnion T-shirt & handbag.
€ 1.400 (+24% VAT) – Last month application
Includes tuition fee – manual – YogaUnion T-shirt & handbag.
Course Fee / All Packages Include
All options include full tuition fee including the initial deposit of €400. (Learn more on the “How to apply” section below)
All inclusive options are non changeable or cancellable or interchangeable after joining the course.
Course fee is non cancellable, non refundable and non transferable to another person. but can be transferred to another date or future course with us.
To apply for our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training program please click here.
HOW TO APPLY AND BOOK
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the 200 hour/Pre-Yoga Teacher Training Course please fill up the online application form. We will process your application within one day and let you know if you are accepted on the course. In case you do not receive a reply within the above mentioned period please write us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are accepted on the Teacher Training Course we will email you a confirmation.
You will be required to deposit a booking amount of €400 as soon as possible to confirm your place. The remaining amount will be during the first day of the seminar.
(Important: Your place on the course will be confirmed only when we have received this booking amount, until then you will remain on the temporary list of applicants and we reserve the right to give away your place to other applicants.)
Pay the Deposit Amount using PayPal
APPLY FOR TEACHER TRAINING WITH YOGA UNION
So, if you feel that YogaUnion’s course suits your next steps, then we would love to hear from you. Apply with us today and we will be in touch to arrange the next steps.
What happens next;
We will be in touch with you to answer any questions you may have and confirm your place on the teacher training course.
How to pay the booking amount
Once you confirm that you want to go ahead with booking your place, we will send you Bank info.
The course fee is strictly non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable. If you need to cancel the course due to unavoidable reasons the booking amount can be adjusted/used in any future course you do with us within one year from the date of booking. To reschedule your course you must inform us at least two weeks before your course start date otherwise you may lose your booking amount fee entirely.
Deposit payment method
If you select to transfer the deposit using Bank transfer, please send us an email and we will reply back, sending you all the appropriate information. After the deposit, you will the manual (to begin with your preparation) and the receipt via post and a list with suggested books via email.
Contact US Directly
On the phone: 00306944424788
Via Email: email@example.com
YogaUnion’s 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) is registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals. Students who will be certified from our school will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals as RYT 200 Registered Yoga Teacher).