Your Journey of YogaUnion Teacher Training
YogaUnion has created for 9 year an intensive 200 hr Yoga Instructor Training Course.
Become a yoga teacher through an internationally accredited teaching yoga certification program with Yoga Alliance
Professionals based on Vinyasa Flow Yoga . Gain the knowledge, the confidence and the skills needed instilled by a highly-experienced team of specialists and see yourself turn into a yoga expert within the 23-day yoga classes.
The primary aim of this Yoga teacher certification course is to make a new generation of yoga instructors with profound knowledge of Vinyasa Yoga and the yogi way of living through a deeper understanding of their own practice and their own body.
The yoga courses are based on theoretical background on anatomy, physiology, pranayama, philosophy and ethics of yoga presented in an interactive way applying the knowledge on the daily asanas practice and the peer-to- peer observation and adjustment.
Learn to teach yoga with confidence in any mix level class having the appropriate information to build safe and imaginative asana sequences. And all these in the most idyllic location in BALI , in the Iant of gods .
The yoga teacher training course is focused on Vinyasa flow. The system of VINYASA breath, drishti (gaze) and bandhas (energy locks) are primary ingredients of this method. In addition to that and by completing this training course the new yoga instructors will be able to create their own flows (sequences) using elements of Ashtanga and parts of their individual personalities.
Key alignments, modifications, contraindications and use of basic yoga props as well as hands-on adjustment techniques, teaching methodology and teaching practice are all in the daily program of this course.
Through the theoretical knowledge of Anatomy and the teaching technics the trainees will manage to address to a wide variety of students and even create tailor-made classes for clients with special needs and demands. We place a lot of emphasis on learning Sanskrit names of postures to both expand your knowledge and enhance your professionalism as a teacher.
Furthermore, the course includes pranayama (breathing technics) and meditation sessions which will give the chance to the aspiring yoga teachers to incorporate them into their own classes and take their own practice to a deeper and more profound level. Other styles of yoga, such as Yin Yoga, Restorative Yoga and Hatha yoga will be part of the daily lessons.
• Daily asana practices
• Personal development classes
• Learn yoga philosophy and the art of teaching
• Courses on physiological and energetic basis of yoga
• Yoga Alliance Professionals certificate and letter of recommendation
• 22 nights accommodation
• Daily vegetarian meals
• Shatkarma kit
• Vinyasa flow, Yoga
• Principles of sequencing and teaching a Vinyasa Flow class using
various asanas except the ones of Ashtanga
Yin and restorative Yoga – afternoon practice
Yin yoga is based on the idea of stretching and deepening into a pose with the help of the body’s gravity and the gradual immersion through time.
Restorative Yoga on the other hand as its name reveals heals and restores the muscles with the use of various props.
Ashtanga Yoga- morning practice
• History and relevance to the modern world.
• The elements of Ashtanga yoga: Vinyasa (breath-synchronized motion), Ujjayi Pranayama (victorious breathing), bandhas (inner
locks), dristis (gaze points)
• Primary series: Sun salutations, standing series, seated series, finishing sequence
• Jumb backs and jump throughs,
• Drop backs
The trainees will experience the relaxing and healing properties of both systems and of course will have the chance to analyse them and incorporate them to their teachings.
COURSE CONTENT IN DETAIL
Our Yoga Alliance Registered 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Program incorporate training hours in the following educational categories and topics:
• Analysis of the 80 postures of Yoga series and of more advanced postures including arm balances, backbends, inversions
• Modifications, other variations and advance variation of all postures
• How to use yoga props like block, bolster, strap, blanket, wall in your yoga practice and rope headstand
• Observation and feedback on your personal practice by teachers everyday immediately after the asana class
• Daily hands-on-adjustments are given to students by expert teachers to deepen your physical practice
• The teachers are always present in your practice observing and suggesting you the necessary corrections, variations or improvements. Once a week there will also be posture clinic lessons to make sure that you practice with correct technics and alignment so that when you leave the course you have advanced your practice to a
much higher level than you came with and apply the theoretical knowledge in your own practice.
The themed workshops will cover a wide range of asana keys like handstands, backbends, inversions and hip openers. Twice per week the trainees will meet one of these aspects through more advanced asanas and demanding postures as well as the way of working towards them.
Includes practice teaching, receiving feedback, observing others teaching, hearing and giving feedback. Also includes assisting students while someone else is teaching.
• You will start to teach from day one.
• The building of the yoga lessons will be gradual and smooth facilitating everyone to develop their talents
• Teaching will also be progressive starting with one-to-one lessons in the beginning and moving step by step to bigger groups of students ending up in full open classes
• Regular feedbacks are given by teachers and fellow students about your teaching so that you can improve and find your unique voice and style as a teacher
• You will learn to give hands on adjustment
• Teaching methodology and technique
• Principles of demonstration
• Observing, assisting and correcting
• Instruction, teaching styles, qualities of a teacher
• Voice projection, floor presence
• The students process of learning
• Planning and structuring a class
• Alignment and hands-on-adjustment
• Dealing with injuries and safety precautions
• Business aspects of teaching yoga.
• Pranayama , mudra, bandhas and kriya
Pranayama (yogic breathing)
According to the great yogis breath equals to energy flow so through these morning classes the trainees will get hands-on experience of how the breath works. Introduction, its aspects, pranic body, different types of prana, types of breathing, anatomy of breathing, Yogic breathing, Various breath technics will be tested such as Nadi Shodhana (alternate nostril breathing), Sheetali (cooling breath), Shitkari (hissing breath), Bhramari (humming bee breath), Ujjayi (the psychic or victorious breath), Bhastrika (bellows breath), Kapalbhati (frontal brain cleansing breath), suryabheda (vitality stimulating breath) to name some.
Mudra (Psychic gesture):
• Introduction, types, Hand mudras, Head mudras, Postural mudras, Lock mudras, Lock (bandha) mudras, perinial mudras
Bandhas (energy locks):
• Inroduction, types, throat lock, root lock, abdominal lock, great lock
• Kriya; Yogic cleansing techniques
• Meaning of yoga, concepts, history
• Yoga sutras
• The 8-limb path of Yoga according to Pattanjali
• Four schoolss of yoga
• Nadis (energy channels), Chakras, kundalini
Vedas and six systems of Indian philosophy
• The aim of yoga, modification of mind, mental disposition, different levels of preparation, meaning of OM, Kriya yoga, Samyama yoga, Samadhi
• Obstacles on the path of yoga, physical and mental disturbances caused by an un-concentrated mind, means to overcome obstacles, methods to control the modifications of mind
• Life style and ethics for a yoga practitioner and teacher
• Includes both human physical anatomy and physiology (bodily systems, organs, etc.) and energy anatomy and physiology (chakras, nadis, etc.). Includes both the study of the subject and application of its principles to yoga practice (benefits, contraindications, healthy movement patterns, etc).
• Practical anatomy with a major emphasis on muscular and skeletal structures and in depth study of anatomical and skeletal differences
i.e. compression, tension, and proportion and orientation theory.
• Introduction and different body systems
• Skeletal system, muscular system, connective tissue, nervous system, major joints of the body
• The foot, knee, pelvic floor, hips, spine, shoulder
• Breathing and respiratory system
Business aspect of yoga
• Career as a teacher
• Setting up your own studio, school or business
• Marketing strategy, advertising and PR
• Ethics in yoga business building network with other yoga teachers, schools, studios and retreats
• 07:00 – 08:00 Meditation, pranayama, and chanting mantras
• 08:00 – 10:00 Vinyasa practice
• 10:00-11:00 Breakfast
• 11:00 – 13:00 Analysis of asanas, adjustments, and teaching methods
• 13:00 – 15:00 Lunch
• 15:00 – 16:45 Anatomy or philosophy of yoga
• 17:00 – 18:30 All styles of yoga lessons and time to make your own lessons with our teacher’s guidance
• 19.00 Dinner
DATES & FEE
|START DATE||FINISH DATE||ADMISSION STATUS|
|August 4, 2019||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
|September 1, 2019||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
|September 29, 2019||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
|October 28, 2019||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
|November 24, 2019||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
|December 18, 2019||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
|January 12, 2020||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
|February 9, 2020||—||OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS|
COURSE FEES – PACKAGES
Below you can find the available fee packages:
Includes accommodation in a single room, 3 meals per day except Sundays, tuition fee – manual – YogaUnion handbag note book and pen
Includes accommodation in a 2-bed room, 3 meals per day except Sundays, tuition fee – manual – YogaUnion handbag note book and pen
Includes tuition fee 3 meals per day except Sundays,– manual – YogaUnion handbag note book and pen
Are you interested in another type of accommodation? Do not hesitate to ask us!!!
Course Fee / All Packages Include
All options include full tuition fee including the initial deposit of €400.
All inclusive options are non changeable or cancellable or interchangeable after joining the course.
Course fee is non cancellable, non refundable and non transferable to another person. but can be transferred to another date or future course with us.
To apply for our 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training program please click here.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the 200 hour/Pre-Yoga Teacher Training Course please fill up the online application form.
We will process your application within one day and let you know if you are accepted on the course. In case you do not receive a reply within the above mentioned period please write us an email at email@example.com.
If you are accepted on the Teacher Training Course we will email you a confirmation.
You will be required to deposit a booking amount of €400 as soon as possible to confirm your place. The remaining amount will be 2 weeks before the training by transfer or the first day by cash.
(Important: Your place on the course will be confirmed only when we have received this booking amount, until then you will remain on the temporary list of applicants and we reserve the right to give away your place to other applicants.)
Pay the Deposit Amount using PayPal. Bank transfer
To accommodate all the students, we have chose the most beautiful small traditional hotels with swimming pool and garden Traditional Balinese Inn, situated right on top on the rice fields. It offers beautiful rooms with private toilet, mosquito net, daily cleaning service,, and free Wi-Fi. Due to its secluded location, it offers spectacular view of the rice fields and lush jungle.
1- Gusti’s Garden 2 Guest House
Jalan Abangan No.4, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571
Nirwa Ubud Karma
Jalan Subak Sok Wayah, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571
2- Bombom house
Jalan Raya Ubud, Subak Sok Wayah, Ubud, Ubud, Gianyar, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571
Restu Ubud Spa
Sawah Sok Wayah, Jalan Raya Ubud, 80571
3-Gusti Garden Apartment Villa
Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571 ( just before and next to Trinity Gardens
Jalan Subak Sok Wayah, Ubud, Gianyar, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571
4-Guesthouse Purnama House Ubud
Address: Jl. Karna, Pejeng Kelod, Ubud, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali 80571
Feedback from our previous TTC
“Overall the 200hr teacher training with YogaUnion has been an amazing experience, I have thoroughly enjoyed the structure of the course and also the beautiful location. I found that the opportunity to start teaching from week
one was really beneficial and gave us chance to see our improvements and also what we need to work on over the following weeks.
“I really enjoyed my experience with yoga Union on the TTC, I felt I have grown as a person mentally and physically – and this is down to the teachers knowledge and passion, helping me to expand, develop and unleash my inner teacher.
Classes were made really interesting in different locations, and there were many variations of Asana class that we touched upon, I enjoyed the difference of the teachers, it made for a good balance in their feedback to us and a
good balance of classes.
I enjoyed the simplicity of the theoretical classes, always in an inspiring and fitting environment, with nothing but a few notes and ourselves.
On a whole the teachers inspired and lifted me, and gave really good feedback that will continue to help me in my practice.
– Alice, United Kingdom
“I find the course very well structured, just the information that I needed the most. I learned a lot of useful things for my own practice and also for teaching others. After this course I feel way more confident in my teaching and my daily practice improved a lot. I developed more strength and more accuracy in my practice. The theoretical classes were really useful for me, The asana classes gave me strength and also relaxation. The beautiful Vinyasa classes were a great source of inspiration for me.
The meditation and pranayama class in the morning was the best way to start the day, followed by the intense asana class after which I felt totally detoxified, purified and light.” – Adina, Bucharest Romania
YogaUnion 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course (TTC) is registered with Yoga Alliance Professionals.
Students who will be certified from our school will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance Professionals as RYT
200 Registered Yoga Teacher).
Ourania Bouzouki. Senior teacher 24 years of experience
Ourania, once a successful architect working in Florence, decided to follow her passion and devote herself to yoga. She started practicing Ashtanga yoga with Giovanni Formisano in 1996 and she completed her first 4-year teacher training in Hatha yoga in 1999 and since then has accumulated countless hours following inspiring teachers in seminars, teacher training courses and workshops all over the world, including India where she still visits every year. Since 2010 she is running with success a teacher training studio, helping to spread the love for yoga to students all over the world
Spyros Kapitsinos. 200 RYT and 300 RYT
A track athlete in his youth Spyros love for the human body and movement lead him to a career as an ASCM certified personal trainer. It was clear to him that something was missing and after attending his first yoga class he fell in love immediately and started practicing daily close to senior teachers like Ourania Bouzouki and Savvas Giantsis. After becoming a 200 RYT and 300 RYT he began teaching and incorporating his knowledge in anatomy and his passion for human movement in his teaching. Today he is teaching anatomy and yoga classes in YogaUnion and attending workshops and seminars all around the world
Sarah Abdelmoneim. 200 RYT and 300 RYT
After a decade in multinational corporate jobs, Sarah found an escape in yoga. She decided to follow her passion and found what she believes was her liberation. She pursued her calling and immediately turned it into a full-time focus; bringing her to Yoga Union’s teacher training. Sarah practiced and developed under Ourania’s supervision, while also traveling and attending seminars and workshops. Based in Cairo Egypt, Sarah has built her own community around her famous Vinyasa & Yin Yoga classes. Sarah will be teaching Philosophy and Pranayama/Meditation yoga, as well as Yin & Vinyasa yoga.
Jalan Abangan, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia.
This course includes 20 vegetarian breakfast and lunch and dinner buffets, from Mondays to Saturdays. Breakfast consists of a tropical fruit salad, daily choice of porridge, black rice pudding, or Balinese crepes, all served alongside toast and eggs, as well as coffee, tea, and juice.
The richly flavored lunch buffet offers a variety of vegetable stews and curries, legumes and grains, as well as a choice of salads. The tasty home-made food is freshly prepared with local and mostly organic ingredients.
For dinner, you have the choice between numerous bistros and amazing health food places, including nearby organic bistros on the rice paddies, home delivery, and a great variety of restaurant serving different budgets and tastes in downtown Ubud. All options are in walking distance of two to 15 minutes.
Special food requirements such as vegan or gluten-free diet can be accommodated. Free filtered drinking water is available in the Prashanti restaurant all day long. If you have special dietary requirements, it’s a good idea to communicate it to the YogaUnion when making a reservation.
The following meals are included:
The following dietary requirement(s) are served and/or catered for:
• Gluten Free
• Other dietary requirements on request
If you have special dietary requirements it’s a good idea to communicate it to the organiser when making a reservation
Things to do (optional)
The following excursions and activities are available in the area:
• Downhill biking nature tours
• Exclusive swimming pools
• Jungle hikes
• Temple trips
• Volcano sunrise trips
Sundays are completely free, allowing for exciting day trips into the stunning tropical nature. It will be an amazing opportunity to be part of life in Bali. The great island of Bali offers a variety of breath-taking excursions. Bali is located just south of the equator, and is one of the 17000 islands of Indonesia. It features lush tropical vegetation, big volcano mountains, and countless beaches with big waves and coral reefs.
You can enjoy surfing in the famous waves of Bali. Other popular beach activities include stand-up paddling, snorkeling, diving, or just enjoying your free time in the sun. The nearby mountains invite for a sunrise volcano tour, hikes to paradise waterfalls, downhill biking, as well as visits to tropical jungle farms, producing cacao, vanilla, coffee, mangoes, and much more.
Ubud is famous for its artistic wood carving and stone work, featuring picturesque temples, art and fashion galleries, colorful markets and exclusive health food dining, as well as stylish spa resorts with tropical swimming pools to unwind. An all-time favorite is the downtown monkey forest with giant trees, temples, and countless free monkeys.
In Bali, you will have the best massage of your life. Please let YogaUnion team organize that for you, just ask.
On Sunday, you will have the possibility to explore the magic of Bali by visiting:
• Taman Ayun royal temple
• Ulun Danu Beratan lake & temple
• Coffee plantation
• Angseri natural hot spring
• Jatilewih – the biggest rice terrace
• Daily asana practices
• 200 guided teaching hours with professional primary instructors
• Personal development classes
• Learn yoga philosophy and the art of teaching
• Courses on physiological and energetic basis of yoga
• Certificate of completion
• Textbooks, manuals, and other printed course materials
• 22 nights accommodation
• 3 daily vegetarian meals
• Shatkarma kit
What’s not included
• Optional excursions
• A reservation requires a deposit of 14% of the total price.
• The deposit is fully refundable if the booking is cancelled up to 60 days before the arrival date.
• The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.